Happy Marriage vs. Healthy Marriage
From the very beginning, my goal has always been to build a healthy marriage and not a happy marriage. Why?
In a happy marriage:
- Conflicts might be avoided at all costs
- There might be too much “us” and not enough “self”
- Couples might give up easily when the marriage is no longer happy
In a healthy marriage:
- There are clear boundaries and realistic expectations
- Differences are respected and there is a strong sense of self
- Couples know how to manage conflicts when they arise
To me, happiness is a vague goal and can’t be a finite goal in itself. Happiness is actually a byproduct of having a healthy marriage.
What about you? Do you want to be happy or healthy? Let me know down below👇
Until next time!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.